The Garage has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Albuquerque, NM.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also The Garage's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
SPRING SPECIALview coupon
2 or 4 Wheel Alignment
$89.95 (for MOST vehicles)
David Burns, 09/22/2021
Since we live less then 10 minutes away from The Garage, I decided to give them a try. Also, they came as a tip from a service we'd used in the South Valley. Front brakes on my pick up were beginning to squeak occasionally so I stopped in. They scheduled me in for the following Tuesday, since they were quite busy and it was a Thursday afternoon. (Very busy place)! Funny thing, I noticed the name Shantel, when I later perused the web to glean some more insight on these guys, but figured it couldn't be the same Shantel we knew from Power Ford over a year ago. Wrong! When my wife & I went in to pay we saw Shantel, the Service Manager we'd grown to trust. It was like a happy reunion! We knew then that we were in good hands for sure!! The Garage took care of business on my truck & they were friendly and professional enough before we saw our favorite old service manager, but now we "know for certain" that we'll be in good hands. Take your vehicles to The Garage Auto Care off of Unser. No sense overpaying elsewhere, or wondering if you'll get the service you deserve and the job done right the first time!!