The Garage has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Albuquerque, NM.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also The Garage's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
SPRING SPECIALview coupon
2 or 4 Wheel Alignment
$89.95 (for MOST vehicles)
Kenneth Hutter, 06/09/2022
Dodge 1999 Ram 3500 Diesel Dually. Took truck in for sluggish to failure of Clutch pedal and water pump replaced. Rocky was very knowledgeable and would give updates in a timely manner. 100% satisfied with work, price, and communication. I'd go back and recommend services to anyone. Parts not on hand so be prepared to wait a bit. From time I dropped truck off to getting it back was about 1 week. Considering it looked busy and supply chain slow downs.... I couldn't be Happier. Thanks Rocky! I am always skeptical of repairs especially since a few years ago I had a fuel pump go out. Took truck to dealer and wanted to charge me 10K. Thanks for diagnostics dealer. Went and bought my own fuel pump (5K) took it out and could have replaced it same day myself. I wish I would have seen The Garage first!